I love Father's Day because I get to spoil the two men in my life whom I love most - my Daddy and my Hubby! Around our house it's pretty rare that either of these men are recognized for all that they do in our lives - they are our teachers, our protectors, our playmates, our heroes, and our friends. And, unfortunately, due to the hustle and bustle of everyday life we often forget to give them credit for juggling all of their roles. So, this Father's Day, let's honour our Daddies, our Grandpas, our Uncles, our Husbands and our Brothers by doing something special with them.
Here are some ideas of how to spend Father's Day in The Ridge this year...
1. Turn back time and visit the Pitt Meadows Museum for their annual Father's Day Fiesta!
2. Get creative with Dad at 4Cats' Father's Day Workshop. It's $45 and includes two 11" x 14" canvases.
3. Grab a couple of fishing poles and hit one of our fabulous local waterways. Whonnock Lake or Rolley Lake should offer good potential and are accessible for all ages and from shore. As an added bonus it is BC Family Fishing weekend and therefore, you do not need a license to fish June 13 to 15, however, you still must follow BC fishing regulations.
4. Explore Alouette Lake via canoe! Rentals are available in the day use area.
5. Challenge Dad to a game of cosmic bowling at REVS Maple Ridge.
6. Spend the day on the greens of one of our gorgeous local golf clubs.
7. Hit one of Pitt Meadow's stunning dyke trails for a bike ride.
9. Build a birdhouse together! You can even cheat by picking up a $7 kit at Rona - add some paint and make it your own.
10. Get your shoes muddy and go for a day hike at UBC Malcolm-Knapp Research Forest. With four, marked trails to choose from, there is something for everyone and every ability!
11. For a change, let Dad pick a movie (that NEVER happens around here)! Simply make a big bowl of popcorn at home and turn on Netflix or check out one of Pitt Meadows two cinemas: Hollywood3 and Cineplex.
12. Spend the weekend camping at Golden Ears Provincial Park Campground. Online reservations are full but there will be spots available on a first come first served basis so get out early to ensure you aren't disappointed! While you're there hike to Gold Creek Falls - you'll be rewarded with a spectacular sight!
13. Got an adventurous Dad? Take him to WildPlay for some adrenaline pumping fun!
14. Try out a canoe or kayak for FREE at Whonnock Lake during the Ridge Canoe and Kayak Annual Open House on June 15 from 11 to 4.
What does your Dad mean to you? How do you plan to say "thanks" this year? Leave a comment below.