Location: Unit 203, 20120 Stewart Crescent, Maple Ridge
JoJo's is a cozy indoor play place. It's much smaller than most of the play places in the area (i.e. Jungle Jac's and Crash Crawly's) which makes it attractive for an "easy" outing. Since it re-opened over the past year JoJo's (formerly JJ's) is tidier, more open and more welcoming than it was previously.
We have attended several birthday parties and drop-in sessions and the staff are always attentive and strive to maintain a clean environment. I love that the climbing structure is big enough to be a novelty for K but small enough that I don't have to chase her around and help her out every few minutes. There are a variety of activities available to suite all children's interests. One of the biggest positives is that the price is right. At only $3 per visit it is definitely one of the best deals in town. Basic snacks and beverages are available for purchase and are also reasonably priced.
We hosted K's second birthday party at JoJo's and it was a rousing success. There is a long party table in one corner of the building and the owner allows outside food and decorations (with the exception of helium balloons which are not allowed due to their ventilation system). Everyone had positive reviews after the party - especially K who was super excited about the giant tunnel slide and face painting!
Child Review (2 years old): K loves the climbing structure and tunnel slide. She's a bit of a daredevil when it comes to slides and loves it when her Daddy pushes her down "super fast!"
- Tuesday to Friday: 10 AM to 6 PM
- CLOSED MONDAYS (I've made the mistake and had a very unhappy toddler upon our return home)
- Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for birthday parties
- Children Ages 6 months - 2 years old $3.00
- Children Ages 3-9 years old $5.00
- Toonie Tuesdays: Children ages 6 months to 9 years play for $2.00
- Infants in a car seat and not participating in play are free
- Birthday Party Packages range from $120 to $170 for 8 children and use of the entire facility.
- Large play structure including climbing stairs/ramp, tunnels and tunnel slide.
- Toddler play area including small climbing ramp, two side-by-side slides, large, soft building blocks, and a tunnel.
- Several smaller Little Tikes style plastic slides, a playhouse, and a walk through door.
- Several ride on toys.
- A dollhouse with barbies.
- A train table with various play vehicles.
- A children's table and some smaller play toys.
- A sofa for parents.
Overall Rating: Excellent - the facility is clean, entertaining and the cost is reasonable!